Friday, August 26, 2011

BABYLON + BUDDHA LUV




 Found a hair sliver in my thumb. Betcha have never had one of those bad boys! They aren't too fun.




 bodhi imports dress, anne hopkins poncho, my salvation  necklace, diy pirate necklace, metalicious knuckle ring


Do you like my skillz with the lens flare? Went a little crazy with it but boy oh boy, love the little alien light ball following me around effect. Speaking of little alien, that tiny bird that I am holding is actually my brothers pet quail. Mark is his name. 10 bucks worth of a whole lot of fun, this little guy is. He once had a mate but apparently she didn't "choose" him, so he pecked her until her insides were showing and eventually she died. Jennifer was her name. I felt so bad for her and obviously extremely upset with Mark but, over time I got over it and now I am back to loving him.
Do you like my attempt at "nail art"? Those weird gray dots near my cuticle ended up looking like the typical glimmering eye on anime characters. Cheers to 10 starlit eyes on my hands! Annnnd how about this loose knit poncho from Anne Hopkins? Love her yarn work. Her ponchos are perfect for the season turnover, not too heavy, not too light. As unhappy as I am with the next 2 seasons...I am stoked to wear this poncho.


I have been asked a lot of numerous questions on here and through e-mail and I either forget to answer them, or I get asked them regularly so I will just do a mass answer in a post. Here are a few of the A's to the Q's.


  • My hair color is naturally red. Obviously not this red, but it is very very light strawberry blonde. This being said, my body hair including eyebrows and eyelashes are clear. Not even blonde. Clear. So when I don't color my eyebrows in or wear mascara, it looks like I have no features.
  • I am 5'5. Short. 
  • I store my jewelry all over the place. On my walls, hangers, drawers, random surfaces. Takes up a significant amount of space and unless I can physically see each and every one of them, I forget I have them.
  • The name Strawberry Freckleface comes from a book titled Freckleface Strawberry. It is about a little pale redheaded girl with freckles who would do anything to look different. Over time and with the help of her friends, she learns to love her red hair and freckles and after growing up, she has her own frecklefaced strawberry children. This being said, I used to hate my pale skin and red hair. Now...I still hate my pale skin, but I'm stoked on my hair color.




If you have any other questions feel free to ask in this post. I will answer (almost) everything. Sorry for my major delays with getting back to ya'll. LoveUlongtime.


As if I couldn't write enough paragraphs, let's start yet another one. Here are some photos from my sisters wedding. Isn't she a doll? Quite the redheaded wedding party on the female side. My brother is behind her sitting in white.










Photobucket

39 comments:

  1. Ah, totally loving that lens flare :)

    The wedding photos are gorgeous! Really unique, and your sister looks lovely. And is that planking I see? Haha.

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look like a goddess... love the color combo going on here.... i think i have a major grrl crush on you :D

    and those wedding pix are awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a goddess, but that's hardly news.

    The wedding photos are fantastic. That one with two of the guests lying on the wall in the background - quirky, witty, thought-provoking - awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes yes all these photos are amazing!!!!!!! you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post, you have such amazing style xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your sis! Amazing photos, she looks really beautiful.

    I must say that I just adore your face. You are so stunning in every photo. Love this outfit too, amazing dress!

    xx Paula || intergalactic radio station

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos. You're so gorgeous!

    Love,
    mimi
    soyconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats! you look gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dress in the first set of photos. Your sister looks beautiful, I love her dress x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely amazing outfit...Love the jewellery and clothing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those wedding photographs are the most amazing I've ever seen! You and your sister are both absolutely stunning and that dress you're wearing makes me so envious I could hop on the next flight over and rip it off your back! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOUWW. you've got such amazing photo's, so full of detail, in your outfits too!
    and you're sister is really beautifull at these photo's!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with your dress, in ways I can't put into words. So bummed that they don't have it in their online store!

    Oh man, I've totally had hair-splinters! It's why I wear socks constantly in the house: I was standing on my toes putting up a poster on the wall when I felt pain in my big toe, and when I looked, it was a hair from my cat. Hurt like woah. My fiancée didn't believe me that it hurt, and a couple of weeks later...same thing happened to her!

    Oh man, I wish I was 5'5". ;___; I'm five inches shorter than you. All of my woes.

    Also, congrats to your sister! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your blog. and i love all of your rings in this post. you are so lucky to have naturally pale skin and red hair, i think it's beautiful! & that freckleface strawberry story sounds so adorable.

    http://whothefuckismickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing Pictures and great Outfit, I love the red dress.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So stylish! LovING your blog! Great wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful! i love your rings.^^

    if you're not already following me, you could if you like my blog and i'll follow you back.

    my blog♥mfashionfreak

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've went through your whole blog and I could not stop myself from saving the photos of your jewellery...I honestly think that out of all my very favourite bloggers, you have the best jewellery...no doubt...

    ReplyDelete
  19. aww that wedding is super cute! Your sister looks great :)
    I love your skull bracelet, it is super cool. Also I liked the interview you did for Larissa on Velvet Codine. You have great style!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely photos!! your whole family is very beautiful!! and i adore red heads w/ cute freckles!! you're very lucky you're a natural red head- i have to dye mine almost every month just to have the color hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. very nice blog and very good pictures.
    I follow <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous pics! Your sister's wedding looks lovely. The pic of you and your brother planking in the back is hilarious.

    ♥ Gina Michele
    CrochetClouds.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. God!!! I loooove your crazy good style! Your very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome outfit !!!!!
    awesome jewelry !!!!!!!
    awesome pictures !!!!!!!

    Love it so much !!!!!

    http://rocknrealprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your dress and jewellery, quirky look!

    Kristina oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the photos with lens flare effect! You are so beautiful!
    Congrats to your sister!

    Thanks for your comment!
    Love your blog..I'm following you!

    XX,
    Luiza from Lifestyle Philosophy

    ReplyDelete
  27. lens flare: awesome!
    you: awesome!
    your sister's wedding photos: awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. omg Love this post your dress is perfect!! & your sister's wedding pictures are wonderful! I got married last year so I'm a sap about wedding photos lol I also really like your header verrry cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. LURVE that nail polish color!

    more and more people are getting creative with their weddings...i love this! great photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing dress, works well with your hair
    Your sister looks lovely :)


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your jewellery as always!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, doll you look so stunning!! Love your shirt dress.. BTW your sisters wedding pics are beautiful!!
    ♥ ... milla

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great outfit and I love your hair as well :))) Your sister had such a beautiful wedding!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. you look so cool :) furthermore, i adore these wedding pics so much! Can i see doing planking in one pic? haha

    ReplyDelete
  35. Incredible. I love this outfit, especially the first pic. And your sis is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  36. your nail color is AMAZING. love this look!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I'm loving all your piled on accessories! and those nails are KILLER! LOVE!

    http://thesaltwatergypsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. your blog is fab, and when i read your profile i felt like we were soulmates ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, so much joy in all of your pictures! Thanks for wearing my jewelry, you totally rock!

    ReplyDelete