Monday, April 2, 2012

SHRED THREADS

renewed vintage harley davidson shirt c/o shred threads, unearthen pendulum ring, thrifted belt, bag, jewelry, eye necklace from ebay, american apparel crossback bra, sunglasses c/o american deadstock

Welcome to my life, amazing Harley Davidson dress. Sarah from Shred Threads is my new internet buddy that was kind enough to custom make me this gem. This girl is so rad. We both live in lofts, both have a dog, and have similar tastes in clothing. We also are clearly both patient enough to dig through racks and boxes of clothing until we find great pieces. AND we both love to cut things up! But, she definitely trumps me when it comes to sewing. The style of her work is geared towards 3 main types of ladies..and I believe (I hope?) I fit into 2 of these 3 categories.

The romantic. She adores Peter Pan collars and unaltered vintage clothing.
The gypsy. She loves all floral, and ethnic prints. Free spirit all the way.
The grunge gal. Loves all things 90s. Anything sheer, studded and roughed up.

Her latest collection draws inspiration from the gnarly biker and American heritage mixed with lace and fringe. Yes, please. I'd say this idea speaks straight to my desert loving heart. 

Check Shred Threads out HERE

Also, thanks to those of you who answered the questions in my last post! I really appreciated the insight!

 Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your top!!! I so love the back! Neon fringe hell yes!

    http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an awesome outfit, i love your jewellery so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fringe on the back of your tee. And I dig the new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god that's gorgeous. Seriously. That dress is so rad. I want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute fringe detail

    yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is amazing, I'll definitely have to check her out.
    You seriously look good in everything xx

    crosswiredreamers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweeeeeet renewed dress/shirt!! I love the unexpected detail of the neon fringe!!

    -Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG OMG OMG OMG YOUUUUUUU. this outfit is something from my wildest dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy christ HOW AWESOME IS THAT DRESS? Funny, I just got a HD vintage tee recently. I can't stop wearing it, ugh. ♥ Not suited to be turned into a dress, but it'll go with literally everything I own, so whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am IN LOVE with that freakin dress!! The fringe.. just.. AMAZING!

    xo
    http://littlestylebird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need that dress! I'm gonna have to steal some of Mike's and make them over. You'd think owning a Harley shop I'd be wearing more of these things....


    Beneath the Glass

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're perfect. & I really want your red hairz. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. She sounds awesome, definitely going to check her out

    ReplyDelete
  14. That top is soooo sick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i need that top in my life!

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete